Friday, September 9, 2011

Stanhopea’s – new growing season


Here we are right at the beginning of spring and my stanhopea orchids already preparing for another fabulous growing season. Quite a few of my plants already have flowering spikes and I’ve been watching them grow with a lot of anticipation, welcoming flowering time of old-favorites and eager to meet and to see new for me species, varieties and crosses.

Our weather is a bit temperamental at the moment – warm days followed by colder spells, yet nothing can stop this stanhopea’s growing cycle – some of my plants developing multiple flower spikes on each plant, promising quite a show at flowering time. I am hoping to feature more of these beautiful, majestic orchids this summer, since my collection steadily increasing and I am looking forward to another flowering season.

So, the waiting game begins…

No comments:

Post a Comment