Friday, January 25, 2013

Fabulous stanhopea's blooming this week

Here are some more pictures of my flowering stanhopea's that bloomed this week in the middle of our hot and humid weather. The greenhouse started to smell like an old-fashioned perfumery, every imaginable scent and fragrance is reperesented - vanilla, chocolate, spices, herbs, floral bouquets, various fruits and heavier aromas like myrrh and sandalwood. I love spending time with my flowering stanhopea's and marvel at the Nature's unique creation.

Stanhopea Posadarum
Stanhopea Bellarensis x Inodora
Stanhopea oculata var pallida

3 comments:

  1. Elas são demais, tenho 3 e aguardo floração faz tempo.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fragrances of Stanhopea are awesome. It sounds like your orchid area smells irresistible when several Stanhopea are in bloom! It is great to see your photos each month during my winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments and for your kind words and thank you for allowing me to share with you my passion. I am hoping to feature more of the special beauties this flowering season. Some of my plants playing "waiting game", so we will see if they decide to bloom.

    ReplyDelete